Introduction to the Pendulum Cycle
- Strength drains upon evo (but Training doesn’t)
- Evo attempts to happen every 60-90 minutes.
- Strength hearts must be full (4) for evo to succeed
- 5 Training squares = 1 Strength heart. Training drops every 15 minutes.
- 30m w/lights off will put a Digimon to sleep
- Shaking will wake up a sleeping Digimon
- If an alarm is set, they won’t wake until the alarm rings (won’t wake below Rookie)
- Special Mode vs Normal Mode (Egg > Fresh > In-Training VS Rookie+)
- 3 Secret Mega Digimon, only by Jogressing from regular Mega. Same power level?
- Failed Jogress can result in Injury
- Any Champion or Mega can Jogress with any other. Type combo determines outcome.
- Champions and Megas can Jogress together, each raising one level.
- Secret Megas can only be reached via Jogressed, and cannot Jogress themselves.
- Only VS connection battles count on the Status screen.
- Care Mistakes reset to 0 when a Digimon sleeps/degenerates. (Generally meaning, Care Mistakes only last for the day.) (It’s also possible that evolution resets Care Mistakes)
- Training Bars do not affect VS Battle performance/code.
- Treating Sickness/Injury will lower weight. (Even when failed)
Rookie loops (Cycles) daily
How to Affect Weight
- Passing of time?
- Medical Treatment
Practice Battle: Force a battle against a random opponent. The only opponents you can face are Digimon that can be raised on your device. Mega-level Digimon will only appear if you are at least Ultimate-level. Battles progress just like a Random Encounter. (Canceling the battle is fine and will not count as a loss or Care Mistake.)
v7 Deep Savers: Break blocks. Break them all for a MegaHit.
v8 Wind Guardians: Shoot for distance. The shot will continue off-screen for a MegaHit.
v9 Nightmare Soldiers: Smash a rock. Destroy it entirely for a MegaHit. (The Digimon will continue off-screen)
v10 Metal Empire: Lift a weight. Lift it all the way off-screen for a MegaHit.
A MegaHit fills 4 Training bars.
Can battle with:
- Digimon Pendulum Cycle (Will function like Battle Training or a random encounter?)
- Original Digital Monster ‘97 (Uses original/’other’ rules)
- Digimon Pendulum (Uses original/’other’ rules)*
- Digimon Analyzer (Analyzer shows an ERROR)
- D-Terminal [JPN] (D-Terminal shows an ERROR)
Can Jogress with:
Can be scanned with:
- D-Terminal [USA]
* An original Digimon Pendulum will almost always win, as it will act as an illegally overpowered Monzaemon.
- Vaccine + Vaccine = Vaccine
- Vaccine + Data = Vaccine
- Vaccine + Virus = Data
- Data + Vaccine = Vaccine
- Data + Data = Data
- Data + Virus = Virus
- Virus + Vaccine = Data
- Virus + Data = Virus
- Virus + Virus = Virus
Our Current Understandings
- Rookie-level Digimon have 4 possible Champion stages.
- Waiting for the Call animation to stop counts as a Care Mistake.
- Stress is counted by hours awake, not by sleep. So pausing overnight means it’s awake for two daytimes, resulting in being stressed.
- Does ignoring a Random Encounter count as a Care Mistake?
- What does count as a Care Mistake
- How many times will a Digimon attempt to Digivolve before hitting a limit? (Reset by sleeping/waking?)
- What does “stress” mean, in the manual? (Waking a Digimon with shakes causes stress over time)
- Seems to in some way make evolution more difficult to achieve.
- Is slot determined by Special Mode results?
ver.7 Deep Savers
ver.8 Nightmare Soldiers
- Candlemon -> Garurumon, Meramon, Wizardmon
- Meramon -> SkullMeramon, Pumpkinmon
- WereGarurumon -> SkullMammon
- SkullMeramon -> ???
- Pumpkinmon -> Boltmon
- SkullMammon -> MetalGarurumon
- Boltmon -> DeviTamamon
ver.9 Wind Guardians
Pendulum Cycle ver.8 Nightmare Soldiers manual
Download full manual as .zip